Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Race time!

March...tis the season. For many of us, March signals the start of the race season.
Many feelings arise when we think ahead to our first race of the season.
Nerves, excitement, anxiety, fun, and mostly, "how will I do"? "Will I be good enough?"

The first races of the season are here and though many of you may not feel you are ready for them it's important to race. Enter the race, do the best you can, and most importantly, learn from the race. What did you do well? What could you improve one? What were your strengths? And what were your weaknesses?

After the race, re-evaluate your training plan. Plan to work on and train what challenged you most in the race. Maybe the length of the race proved too hard on your legs and lungs, or the multiple hard efforts left you gasping and unable to recover.

Train your weaknesses so you can improve for the next race.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison!

    Just wanted to thank you for not only suggesting I use a shorter stem but actually loaning me yours during camp! The new position made a HUGE difference on TT yesterday. I couldn't believe how much more comfortable I felt. thanks! Laura J

    ReplyDelete