Saturday, February 27, 2010

Alabama Cycling Camp

Holy cow... I'm tired (and you know it was a good if the coach got tired).
What does-
7 days, 410 miles, 23 hrs of riding, and 20 great people add up to?
Alabama Cycling Camp 2010.
WOW was it fun.Some of the group serving Breakfast

Athlete Renee invited me to come to her Alabama Cycling Camp as the Guest Coach. I had never been to Alabama before and I must admit when I heard of Alabama as a destination spot for riding a bike, I was skeptical. But now, I can't wait to come back.
The riding here is AMAZING. There is very little traffic and the roads and terrain are never dull.
Add in the fact that I had someone cooking and cleaning for me, and the result is an A+ cycling experience.
Coach Alison and "The Woman Who Makes it All Happen", Renee, at the Pecan Factory.
Some of the Women posing for a pre ride photo.

I got to meet, to ride and to share my cycling knowledge/experience with 19 other people I had never met before but now with whom I can't wait to see again. Post ride lunch
For anyone wanting to improve their riding skills/knowledge/fitness, I highly suggest coming to this camp (there are still spots open for March camps). Renee and her staff take care of all the cooking, cleaning, ride leading, etc. All you have to do is be ready to ride your bike and to hang out and enjoy the company of others who have a passion for bike riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment